10 SKIN CARE TIPS FOR THE MONSOON SEASON
Skin care must be the last thing on your mind as you enjoy the rains and hot fritters after the scorching summer heat. Monsoon along with its coziness brings a bout of skin issues such as, pimples, breakouts, rough skin or having oily skin due to to high humidity even though you might normally have dry skin. No need to fret as we have come up with some easy to follow skin care regimen to keep your skin looking fresh and radiant.
5 STEPS FOR THE PERFECT SKIN
MONSOON SKIN CARE TIPS
- Most people just wipe their face after getting home when their face is wet with rain water, this is one of the common reasons for breakouts. Wash your face at least 2-3 times a day with a deep cleansing facial cleanser.
- Let your skin breathe. Don’t clog it with heavy makeup, avoid anything that’s heavy. Opt for something light and of course waterproof unless your want a runny mascara.
- Toning is an important part of your skincare routine no matter what season. It not only maintains your skin’s Ph levels to avoid skin infections and breakouts but also keeps it moist and radiant. Always choose an alcohol free balancing toner or go more natural with rose water.
- Hydrate, hydrate and hydrate. You might not feel the need to drink water like you do in the summer, but water is like elixir for your skin. Drink at least 10 glasses a day to keep your skin hydrated.
- Want soft supple skin?? Then you need to keep it moisturised. Use a vegan, natural light moisturiser to keep your skin flake free.
- Don’t skip the sunscreen as you don’t spot the sun. Use a light sunscreen lotion even if it’s cloudy.
- Exfoliate your skin! Skip chemical laden scrubs and opt for a natural facial scrub instead to unclog your pores. Try a lavender or rose facial scrub if you are looking for some relaxation, ‘ME’ time
- ‘You are as good as what you eat’ they say. So eat healthy, have lots of fruits and vegetables and stay clear of oily foods (we know it’s hard to say no to pakoras, but you get pimple free skin in return)
- Now for a tip you will love - lay back and put on a natural face pack. Relax, enjoy and wake up to gorgeously soft, radiant, clear skin.
- Be ultra picky when you choose a soap for the monsoon. Steer clear of chemicals and opt for an antibacterial organic soap with natural essence such as tulsi,neem or lime known for its bacterial combating properties.
So go ahead have a stress free monsoon!